Syd Mead concept art from the Blade Runner 30th Anniversary blu-ray still gallery, part two: interiors
Favourite animators: Shinya Ohira (大平晋也)
- Strongly influenced by early Disney, Ohira is a living contradiction: a full animator in a country of limited animation. He is the most iconoclastic incarnation of the new realism in anime, creating a gritty, sensual realism as opposed to the clean and restrained realism of Omohide Poroporo or Jin-Roh.
- Ohira focuses on creating fluid and realistic movement full of superfluous action to the point of relegating shape and character design to jagged, wildly undulating lines. (anipages)
- Creator Spotlight: Ohira Shinya
- Sakuga: The Animation of Anime pt.6 - Shinya Ohira’s Surrealist Animation
- More scenes animated by Shinya Ohira: MAD by BlueSakuga (HD), Flipbook Sakuga
- List of anime he’s worked on + sakuga wiki
- He also directed one of the Genius Party short films - “Wanwa the Puppy”
- Don’t forget to click the gifs for the titles!
Luigi Prina, 83 years old, has been an architect for more than 50 years. He has been interested in aircraft modelling since a very young age. via National Traveller
A comic I made for class
in another lifetime, maybe.
Finished style framing/boarding; animation time!
Here’s a sketch I was toying around with a few days ago for side project co-worker Paul Richards is cooking up called N0DE WORLD. don’t really have the motivation to bring it to anywhere in particular, just some sci-fi feelyweelies. The tech is too random and weird to really spend time embellishing more than I already have :p